Sunday 10 May 2015

Baked Oats #1 | Carrot Cake

I'm completely oat obsessed. Obsessed to the point that waking up early to experiment with porridge has become a daily ritual and more often than not prioritises a lie-in. After craving carrot cake one morning (I hope I'm not the only one?), I decided to combine my cravings and lust for porridge and this fine creation was born.


You will need:

1 cup of oats
1 cup of almond milk (or enough to completely cover the oats)
1 small grated carrot
1/2 grated apple
1 banana (1/2 mashed into mixture, 1/2 for decoration)
2 tbsp Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed
3 tsps cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 handful of chopped walnuts
1 tbsp ground almonds

Method:

1) Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4
2) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, leaving out half the banana for decoration
3) Pour into a baking dish and pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until the top looks golden)
4) Decorate with the leftover banana and add a few extra walnuts.

My recipe is featured on the Linwoods website along with lots of other healthy recipes - check it out here.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

);