Saturday 21 March 2015

Overnight Oats #1 | Layered Peanut Butter & Cacao



“I GOT TO THINKING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS AND PARTIAL LOBOTOMIES. TWO SEEMINGLY DIFFERENT IDEAS THAT MIGHT JUST BE PERFECT TOGETHER - LIKE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER.” - CARRIE BRADSHAW




you will need:
for the cacao porridge:
  • 1 heaped tsp cacao powder 
  • 2 tsp flaxseed
  • 1 cup of oats
  • 3 medjool dates
  • water or almond milk 

FOR THE PB PORRIdGE:
  • 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 cup of oats
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • water or almond milk 

Method:

  1. Roughly chop the dates and place into a bowl with the rest of the dry cacao porridge mixture.  
  2. Cover the mixture with water/milk. I used water this time, but usually I'd use almond milk to make the taste porridge sweeter and creamier.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter porridge mixture and cover with water/milk.
  4. Leave both bowls in the fridge overnight or for 6/7 hours if you're craving overnight oats (I've been there).
  5. Once the oats have soaked, alternatively layer 2-3 tbsp of each mixture into a glass jar.
  6. Top with fruit/nuts/seeds and enjoy the wonder that is peanut butter and chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious...I will definitely have to try! X

    lanaalicewilman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the horrendously slow reply - I can't believe I've only just seen this haha!
      But thank you and let me know if you like it :) xxx

      Delete

);