Friday 13 March 2015

3 Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas


If you follow my Instagram, you'll know that I'm a little obsessed with breakfast. Every time I make breakfast, this massive urge to grab my phone and photograph my food comes over me. Seeing as I can't seem to shake this compulsion, smoothie bowls, nana-cream and relentless oaty goodness continually (and will continue to) find their way onto my Instagram feed. 

With plentiful photos of my brekkie on-board, I thought I'd share a few of my super quick recipes...


Blueberry Nana-cream

 
For the nana-cream:
- 2 chopped frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- a splash of almond milk

Toppings (optional):
- Berries/nuts/seeds
(I used chia seeds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, blackberries, granola and coconut)

Whilst this one is probably better suited to warmer weather, sometimes you just have to say yes to ice cream for breakfast. Blitz up the berries, bananas and almond milk (or use milk/water if you'd prefer) and you're done!


Throw-in-everything porridge

For the porridge:
- 1 cup of oats 
- 1/2 cup of Almond milk/coconut water/ still water

Toppings (optional):
- Berries/nuts/seeds/ nut butters/anything else you wish to throw in!
(I used blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, almond butter, pumpkin seeds and coconut)

I never used to like porridge. I thought it was boring, bland and much preferred spooning Nutella onto toast. However, over the past few months, I've become a little oatmeal obsessed and love filling up on big bowls of wholesome oaty deliciousness. 

Pop the oats and almond milk/water into the microwave for 2 minutes. Then throw in a mix of anything from berries, nut butters and seeds to jam, honey and granola pieces (or anything else oatmeal worthy). 


Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl

(I am in love with the colour of this)
For the smoothie:
- 1/2 chopped frozen banana
- Mixed berries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp spirulina and flaxseed

Toppings (optional):
- Berries/nuts/seeds/granola
(I used pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds and granola)

Smoothies will always be a love of mine. They're perfect for snacking too. 
Blend the water, frozen banana and mixed berries together and add toppings. 

I hope you enjoy these recipes - let me know if you try them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

);